I’ve held a beating heart in my hand, I’ve poked into kidneys and crocheted them together again, I’ve pushed air into collapsed lungs like beat up old pump organs, I’ve squeezed and probed and prodded my way through hundreds of miles of guts and goo, and i don’t know what makes us live. I mean what keeps us in motion? What keeps the heart beating without anybody rewinding it? Why do the cells reproduce and re-re-reproduce with such gay abandon? What force brought us together in such fantastic complexity? I’ve seen a lot of bodies… and they never cease to amaze me.
- 1 year ago
- 58 notes
- Trapper John : We did it again. Screwed up in reverse.
- Hawkeye: I keep telling you, we gotta give up this preoccupation with keeping people alive, or we'll never get out of here.
- Trapper John: It's no use, we're doomed.
- Hawkeye: Maybe we should start using rusty instruments.
- Trapper John: Stop washing our hands.
- Hawkeye: Raise our prices.